Colorado Springs Neighborhoods
- Banning Lewis Ranch -- is a new master-planned community in the easternmost part of Colorado Springs. The Banning Lewis Ranch real estate market spans south from Woodmen Road to Fountain Valley and east of Marksheffel Drive to Falcon. The zip code for Banning Lewis Ranch is 80927.
- Black Forest -- Bordering the north end of Colorado Springs, Colorado, the Black Forest area encompasses some 200,000 acres, and is roughly defined as the area from Highway 83 to Eastonville Road, and County Line road to Woodmen Road in unincorporated El Paso County. The area is heavily wooded with some open grassland areas, primarily on the southern boundary, and is characterized by mostly 5 acre and larger lots in a rural setting.
- Briargate -- The Briargate real estate area includes most of northern Colorado Springs real estate areas and is home to Academy School District 20 schools. The neighborhoods in Briargate offer plenty of open space, city and neighborhood parks, playgrounds and walking trails. The Briargate real estate market consists of almost all Academy School District 20 neighborhoods north of Woodmen Road and South of Old Ranch Road.
- Downtown and Central -- Downtown Colorado Springs is located just east of I-25 of the Bijou Street exit. Home to historic Palmer High School, beautiful historic Colorado Springs homes, the new America the Beautiful Park and all kinds of great Colorado Springs history, local businesses and entertainment. The central neighborhoods of Colorado Springs extend roughly from I-25 (west) to Union Blvd. and Circle Drive (east), Circle Drive (south) and Austin Bluffs (north).
- Eastside -- Includes neighborhoods in East, Southeast, Northeast and Powers Area Colorado Springs within the zip codes of 80917 and 80909. Greenhaven, Cimarron, Village Seven, Rustic Hills, Austin, Old Farm, Palmer Park, Villa Loma and Maizeland are considered Eastside.
- Falcon and Peyton -- in El Paso County, Colorado, United States. Peyton and towns such as Falcon, Calhan, Ramah, Simla, and Matheson straddle Highway US 24 between Colorado Springs and Limon, Colorado where US 24 intersects with Interstate 70. Students are served by Peyton School District 23JT in the Peyton area and by Falcon School District 49 in the Falcon area.
- Flying Horse -- The Flying Horse neighborhood is located in northern Colorado Springs (Northgate) just east of the United States Air Force Academy, south of Gleneagle and SW of Black Forest. This beautiful neighborhood is located off Hwy 83 and Northgate and Flying Horse Roads.
- Fountain and Fort Carson -- located in El Paso County, Colorado, United States. Fountain is located just ten miles (16 km) south of Colorado Springs and just east of Fort Carson. Fountain and the Colorado Springs suburbs Security and Widefield make up the "Fountain Valley" community. The zipcode 80817 covers this area, and it is served by the Fountain Fort Carson School District 8.
- Manitou Springs -- is located west of Colorado Springs in the Rocky Mountain foothills, in El Paso County. Although nearby Colorado Springs is sometimes called "the Springs", some residents of Manitou or of westside Colorado Springs refer to both cities together as "The Springs". Students are served by Manitou Springs School District 14. The zipcode is 80829.
- Monument and Palmer Lake -- Monument is the name given to the area just north of Colorado Springs. It is also referred to as the Tri-Lakes area and contains the Monument neighborhoods of Jackson Creek, Woodmoor, King's Deer, Fox Run and Arrowwood. This area is also home to the towns of Historic Monument and Palmer Lake. They are all served by the Lewis-Palmer School District.
- Northeast -- Northeast Colorado Springs is not what most people think of when they think of "Northeast" Colorado Springs. This title was given to this area before the Briargate, Northgate and the Powers areas were built. Northeast Colorado Springs real estate is all neighborhoods south of Woodmen Road, roughly west of Powers Boulevard, east of I-25 and mostly North of Austin Bluffs Parkway and Barnes Road. (See Map). Homes in Northeast Colorado Springs are in Colorado Springs School District 11 with the exception of Woodland Hills (Woodmen and Union) that is part of Academy School District 20.
- Northgate -- Northgate is the northeastern most part of Colorado Springs and adjacent to and including the United States Air Force Academy. Northgate is also home to great neighborhoods like the new Flying Horse Golf Community and the mature Gleneagle golf course community. Children attend District 20 schools, like the k-12 Discovery Canyon Campus. Northgate boundaries are Old Ranch Road (south), Baptist Road (north), I-25 (west), and Hwy 83/Northgate Road (east).
- Northwest -- Northwest Colorado Springs consists of all the neighborhoods west of I-25, north of Garden of the Gods Road, all the way up to the US Air Force Academy. These areas include: Peregrine, Rockrimmon (Academy School District 20), Mountain Shadows, Oak Valley Ranch and Pinon Valley (Colorado Springs School District 11).
- Powers -- The Powers neighborhoods are all east of Powers Blvd, north of Platte Avenue (Hwy. 24), south of Woodmen Road and the eastern boundary is Banning Lewis Ranch. The neighborhoods north of Powers include mature neighborhoods of Cimarron Hills and Cimarron Eastridge, as well as newer communities of Stetson Hills, Greenhaven and the golf course community of Springs Ranch. Zip codes include 80922 and 80923.
- Security and Widefield - Security and Widefield are part of the "Fountain Valley" area in El Paso County. Students are served by the Widefield School District 3.
- Southeast - Southeast Colorado Springs is located to the west of the Colorado Springs Municipal Airport and Peterson AFB, South of Platte Avenue, North of Drennan and West of Circle Drive (for the most part).
- Southwest and Broadmoor -- Southwest Colorado Springs is nestled in the Rocky Mountain foothills and includes the Historic Broadmoor Hotel and surrounded by million dollar historic and newer homes. The SW area is also home to Cheyenne Mountain and the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.Communities include Broadmoor, Skyway, Stratton and Stratmoor, and is included in zip code 80906.
- Westside and Old Colorado City -- Westside Colorado Springs covers the areas west of the I-25 between NW Colorado Springs and Old Colorado City. Popular neighborhoods include: Pleasant Valley, Garden of the Gods and Holland Park. Old Colorado City is on the westside of Colorado Springs and covers the mature neighborhoods to the immediate north and south of Colorado Boulevard, from 1-25 to Manitou Springs. Zip code 80904.
Click on the links to learn more about Colorado Springs area by visiting the City of Colorado Springs Website or to read more general information about Colorado Springs.